Monday, June 15, 2009

This is one of the hardest things I have EVER had to do.

Today is the day that I set things straight. I am sure there has been some talk but I needed to wait until I had the "official" papers in MY HAND to break the news.

Chris has been stationed back in North Carolina and he starts his job Sept. 10th, 2009. YES that is in 3 months! This is a bitter sweet time for me because as many of you know, my husband has been deployed for most of the last 3 years. It is a hard thing for a family to deal with, so we did some soul searching and accepted this offer to change stations for many reasons but the most important is that Chris will be NON deployable for 3 years! It is something we both really want for us and the kids.

Of course it has to come at a price. Here is the bitter...I will be moving to Wilmington, NC with my family in August. I have shed many tears over this. I have worked very hard to have a CrossFit gym I can call my own and make it the way I have always wanted. I HAVE IT! I have the greatest members, trainers and friends I could have ever dreamt of and NOW I have to leave it.

As hard as this will be for me, I know it will not be NEAR as hard for CFO. CFO is a STRONG, loyal entity that will continue to grow and become stronger.
Juanita and Alanna will take a huge role in keeping the gym and schedule unchanged (unless of course that means ADDING classes and equipment). I am also interviewing a few trainers this week to bring in and add to the fun! My screening process will be a tough one for this "new" trainer. I only want the best for my family at CFO so be confident that I will do you guys right!

I will still be a big part of CFO while I am across the country. I will play the role as owner and affiliate representative. This means I will keep the trainers aware of affiliate activities in the region, charity events and competitions. I will also be involved behind the scenes to get you guys the equipment you need and making sure you all are still progressing!

So now to end this...here is where I don't have 'the words' I want to say "thank you' to all my friends and clients and CFO members, you each have touched my heart in an unforgettable way. I find so much joy in watching your improvements and strength gains. I have seen so many physical transformations but it is more inspirational to see the transformation of your self esteem, confidence and views on health.
I am so lucky to adore my job and it is because of ALL of you.
I want to also say "thank you" to Juan and Lanna. You 2 have become the best friends I could ask for but more importantly you have trusted in me enough to be there by my side to help BUILD CFO and now I have the utmost trust in you to keep this wonderful gym full of healthy and happy people!
Finally a HUGE THANKS to Robert Owens for giving me this opportunity and letting me go CRAZY with it! It has been an amazing experience and though it is too short lived.


I WILL be back to visit as often as I can and make sure you all are still KICKING ASS!

Sincerely, Abby

6 comments:

  1. ahh dear.. First of all, we are very confident in continuing to watch CFO grow and improve.. On the other hand we will all miss Abby so much, but im learning that this is all right.. Like her, I have cried many tears, trying to deal.. But she has left us with a wonderful gift, CFO.. We have become a big family, and we will all need to come together to get through this.. Juanita and I are going to do everything in our powers to keep things as normal as possible.. Thank you everyone for your support, and please come to us for any ?s and concerns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is HEAVY reading the "official" announcement..but to my dear Abby and CFO family this is what I have to say..

    THANK YOU!!! Thank you for bringing your wonderful personality and passion to me. Thank you for inspiring me in SO many ways I never thought possible and for helping me realize my potential not only as a person but as a trainer. I have a lot to learn and will continue to soak up your knowledge and that of our beloved CROSSFIT, whether you are here or in NC. Thank you for bringing CFO to life and please know, and everyone else, that Alanna and I will do WHATEVER it takes to keep this place as KICK ASS as you will be leaving it. There is always going to be room for individual improvement and improvement to our facility so I know that we will not slow down!! I look forward to seeing everyone advance and am very grateful to be sharing this next chapter with you all...We're CFO damnit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a GOOD thing I READ this today, because I have been given some REALLY great news (too long to tell here, just trust me....it's Great!) So, my spirit is soaring! My good news helped cushion this BLOW !!! Oh no Abby ....leaving us??!! How can this be??!!
    Well...that's my initial reaction.
    Abby, you have given all of us so many gifts, and so we will hear your voice (loud and clear). We will move forward in this direction toward better health and fitness. We have our wonderful Juanita and Lanna to carry on with their leadership.
    It won't be the same......BUT it will be Great!!

    I am not afraid of change, but I WILL miss you Abby!!! Let's savour these last few months!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Abby! But you will be missed. Mellani

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the best! Deb I can't wait to hear the GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Abby... yes there has been talk, and I think we were just hoping it wasn't true :) I am SO sad that you will be leaving us, yet happy for you and the fam because family always comes first.

    I want to THANK YOU from the very bottom of my heart for everything! You have taught me so many important things that I won't ever forget... strength, endurance, courage, and an obsession for being the best I can be :) You are, by far, the best trainer and have definitely made your mark in us at CFO. We won't let you down! And yes, you better come back to us as often as possible - it just won't be the same without you!

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete